Friday, August 20, 2004

The Events

Hoobastank put up a great show Tuesday night. I'm just soo pissed that the majority or the audience only knew The Reason. I mean typically for a rock concert, the bouncers and having chairs are no big deal. When Rivermaya was almost done with the opening act, people started leave their chairs and go in front. It's of course, the bouncers' job to keep us away but if people would just force themselves, the bouncers and the security can't do anything about it. BUT NOOO... they decided to follow the frikking bouncers and went back to their seats. Even Rico Blanco screamed "Ok lang yan! Di tayo Singapore!" As much as Abby (my ever loyal concert buddy) and I wanted to stay in front and stand there the whole night, we're the only ones left and it was soo easy for the bouncers to push us back to our seats. So wer really didn't have a choice. Fine. But what's soo fucking annoying was that when Hoobastank got out and performed. The people weren't feeling them AT ALL. Doug was trying to tell the people not to mind the chairs and just do whatever they like..again...NOOO. The people stood there like zombies. I tried to not care but it was just embarrassing. Humiliating. At least they were able to sing The Reason. Now I'd understand if they wouldn't bother coming back here. There's just nothing to come back to. It was so obvious they didn't enjoy themselves. But I did. They played Pieces and that was it for me. They're not the best band in the world but like I said, watching concerts like that is enough for me. I had a great time. I left Folk Arts really sweaty (not smelly!) with a big smile, (obviously a sign I enjoyed myself) a little deaf and thirsty but it was fine. I just love that feeling after watching a concert. Everything else is chaotic (it's hot and sweaty and some smelly people, everyone looking for the nearest vendo machine) but you know that it was an amazing show and everything else doesn't matter. Hayyy... Who's next?!

I went to Ateneo yesterday. It was not planned at all. I was supposed to stay in school until there's a shift going home. But since my friends all had things to do, I decided to go to Ubay. Mom picked me up by the way and my commuting days I think, are over. Anyway, it was a Wednesday. I'm done with driving and I realized that I had nothing to do! Then it occured to me. Marga doesn't have classes Wednesdays and it's the perfect time for me to go to Ateneo so I could finally sit in on Abby's philo class. Haha! Her beloved prof is okay. He even made me as an example. I felt very welcome and it was nice. They were studying Philosophy of the Human Person or something like that. I just love philo and I enjoyed their discussion. It was fairly easy to understand..but most of them didn't get it. So when the prof asked me if I understood the lesson, of course I said yes. Now Eboy's making an excuse that he's pressured and I'm not. Haha! C'mon! It was easy...Ateneans! Tsk tsk! Haha..kidding. =) Then it was Abby's break. We went to their cafeteria. It was fun to see how it was there.

Marga and I also attended Abby's Spanish class which is very cool. I don't really know how to speak Spanish but it's very easy to understand since it's very close to the Filipino language. I've been planning to learn Spanish actually. I bought books and I wonder where they are now? (Hmm?! Ü) I prefer Spanish than French. Spanish can be understood by so many people, Mexicans and it's close to the Italian language.

Anyway, I had another encounter with Abby's pathetic sister. I just pity her, really. She was drunk. And for goodness' sake it was 5pm. Her friend brought her to the car apologizing to Abby that they got her drunk. And outside, she was giving us flying kisses like a complete moron. I sat at the back of the van knowing she'll be there and she happened to sit in front of me. And as always, she insulted me by inlcining her seat pretending like she didn't know I was there. Heller! She did a double take on me when she was giving those flying kisses. If I didn't know better, I would have said something that will get her out of her drunkenness. Then she was talking to Abby saying all these things that she just wants me to hear..worse, with her fake accent. "Uhhhte! I have beer belly! Look I have beer belly! I need to lose this, help me! I have two fashion shows in September!" Yeah, like I give a shit. It's like she's expecting me to be jealous or something. Jeez. She's like stuck in high school. Back then, I didn't even care, so why bother now? So I'd know that she has all these "friends". I'm just green with envy. Sheesh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home