Saturday, August 28, 2004

Everybody's Changing and I Don't Feel The Same...

I've just chatted with Nina (my high school friend) via YM..and she really, really, really wants to have a boyfriend. We belong in the same club actually. The Single Since Birth Club. Man..what a pathetic name! Haha..fits us perfectly though..along with my kabarkada's..well most of my kabarkada's.

Just a while ago, I came to thinking. I have this blockmate before who was sort of hitting on me. It wasn't very obvious though. Well, I saw him last Wednesday. I don't know what's up with him already. Then a few days ago, I've been answering surveys in Friendster then I thought to check out his account. He now has a picture of him and his girlfriend with his status saying: In a Relationship. He had quite a few testimonials, but he erased most of it, but he kept mine. Okay. Maybe it's just me, assuming I'm special or whatever but that is something, right? We're good friends. I mean, he didn't really court me formally or anything and we somehow managed to keep in touch. Incidentally, he texted me just an hour ago. He was asking me the place I told him about with this very nice skyline, Vivere. He once asked me where he could take a girl out for a date and I told him about that place. Then he even called me up just to ask if it's better in ATC or Filinvest with him calling me "Edelito", a name he and his friend use just to annoy me. Hayy...

Then I went to my high school guest book (which isn't really a guest book since we're the only ones who sign there) to update everyone with what's happening with our lives. One of my friends now has a new boyfriend. Good for her. Really, I'm happy for her.

Then I remembered my college friend. For this year, she's broken up with her boyfriend, met a new guy who became her boyfriend, broke up with that new guy and is now getting back with him. She has cried a lot of tears already and now, she's all happy again with their situation. Cute.

So what's my point?

Well..it's been more than a year since my blockmate. It's been almost a year when my friend was courted by her new boyfriend and my college friend did all of that for only a year. So it has been a long time. People had something significant or at least exciting happen to them and what happened to me? Nothing. Same old me. I've just been the shoulder to cry on during break ups. I'm the person to ask where to take their girlfriends for dates. Why can't it be the other way around? I'm so done being the Third Wheel. Why can't they be the third wheel? Hayy...life's a bitch. I'm not pitying myself. I'm happy for them and I'm in a happy state right now. I don't know why but I'm just happy. I'm worry-free and that's a good thing to be. But I believe I could be happier. Well things could get a lot better. I'm not complaining and I'm not asking for anything. If it comes, then it comes. I've grown tired of waiting. So in the mean time, I'll sweat it off in the gym and improve my forehand. That's the good part I guess..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home