Saturday, September 04, 2004

Oh Life!

Zaza's hair show was just 2 nights ago. It went okay. Good for her. That's what she's been dreaming of doing (like the rest of her batchmates), so it's nice to see her walk the walk. I'm a proud sister. But I just hated Mommy that night. She absolutely ticked me off. Argh. As if it wasn't enough that I was gonna take pictures! I understand she's super excited to see her daughter model her hair, but heller! She didn't have to g backstage before the show just to see her. That's just how it works. In theater, before the show starts, the actors should remain in the backstage and it's the same for that. It was just embarrassing and really annoying. I'm 19 and I'm pretty sure I know how to work the digicam. These things happen when I'm with Mom. When I'm with Dad, these things don't happen. He'd never ask me to wave like a total idiot just to get Tito Ernie's attention. Good thing Tricia and Kuya Nono came. I would have gone nuts if they didn't come. Mom for sure would have asked me to go right in the middle of that crowd and disturb everyone just to take pictures. With Tricia there, making side comments became more fun. There were 2 of us, mean girls having fun. Hehe.. Cutting the hair of the WRONG face was just hilarious.

All in all though, that day wasn't bad because I spent a few hours with Mama. Walking around the mall with her by my side was fun. It was a good bonding session. A few days ago I visited Mama's sister, Tita Dely. She's literally lying on her deathbed. I sound very rude, I know saying she's on her deathbed, but I'm just being a realist. It's been a surprise for her to even reach this stage and I'm very proud of her. She's been fighting the battle with cancer and it's one of those battles that's just hard to win and she's losing the fight. With this, I'm very grateful that my two sets or grandparents are very healthy and to be able to spend time with them is really a blessing.

Visiting Tita Dely was tough. I didn't know what to say to her. She's a very fun and bubbly Lola. She can turn the most boring situation to fun. She'd always make jokes and she'd take out her false teeth to scare us. During Christmas reunions, she'd always be the one dancing. And that day, she said she'll terribly miss those reunions. She had that look in her eyes like her she's seeing "the light" and it was just scary. She knows she's going really soon but she doesn't want to just yet. She wants to wait for her grandson to come back home from abroad before she goes but that's not until December. September has just begun and December's still a very long way to go.

All of us are going to experience death and in our lifetime, we're also gonna go through the pain of losing someone. I guess I'm very fortunate that I haven't experienced losing someone close to me. But sooner or later, I will. I do not want to ever go through that but it's just part of life. That's why the gods envy us, right? We're mortals. It gives purpose to our existence. That's why we should live life to the fullest. It's why people thirst for success, fame and fortune or why people try all sorts of things. That's why I'm not ready to die yet. I have yet to get myself a tattoo, make a film, bungee jump, fall in love, surf, wakeboard, scuba dive, watch Wimbledon in London, Roland Garros in Paris, US Open in New York and Australian Open in Melbourne, tour the world, have something named after me, be seen on TV, and the list could just go on...

Life is beautiful but sometimes it is a bitch. Doesn't matter does it? At the end of the day, it will all come down to you on how you want it to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home